HHCDA Covid-19 Update
First and foremost, here at HHCDA the safety and well-being of both our tenants and employees are of significant importance. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have updated a few of our guidelines, all of which are listed below.
To All HHCDA Tenants:
- The HHCDA office is closed
- If you need to contact a staff member please feel free to call or email
- Any and all HHCDA community buildings will not be rented out for events (the only exception to this is for wakes and funerals)
- Maintenance will only be responding to emergency work orders
- The only employees to be dispatched are those that do not exhibit any cold or flu symptoms
- Staff will not enter a unit if any household members of that unit are ill (you will be asked this when you call)
- Maintenance contacts:
|Romona Manning||608-374-1245 ext. 8815 or 608-387-5153|
|Black River Falls – Dennis Boyle||608-343-1215|
|Tomah/Nekoosa/De Pere – Christian Bird||608-343-0515|
|Onalaska/West Salem – Christian Bird||608-343-0515|
|Wittenberg – Todd Zaddack||715-853-1746|
|Wisconsin Dells/Baraboo – John Emery||608-343-0714|
|Madison – Larry Alton||608-357-0026|
|Operations Director – Raven Rosin||608-343-0664|
Please be clear and honest that all household members are free of illness when calling in for emergency work orders
- HHCDA will not be applying late fees for April rent not yet received by HHCDA (this is in accordance with the HHCDA Board’s Resolution)
- If your hours have been reduced, you have been laid off, or any change in income, please provide Notice of reduction in hours, Layoff and/or your unemployment documentation if applicable, to HHCDA Tenant Services Department for recalculation of rent amount
- Tenant Services:
In response to those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, HHCDA has provided a few programs. If any of these programs corresponds with your current needs please review the policy, fill out the application, and provide all required documents:
Covid-19 Rental Assistance Policy and Application
The rental assistance program is currently suspended until HHCDA receives its next round of funding from HUD. Please check back for a new application very soon.
The 3 applications above can either be emailed to Terri.Schilke@ho-chunk.com, mailed to P.O. Box 730 Tomah, WI 54660, or faxed to 608-374-1251
Using HCN courier delivery for any of the applications above will also work.
Please be sure to keep checking this page for new program releases in regards to our response to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Needs Assessment Survey
HHCDA is conducting a survey to gather information on the needs of our community members/Ho-Chunk families as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Participating in this survey will help us to identify the essential needs of Ho-Chunk families so that we may obtain the appropriate funding to provide necessary resources to our community members.
In keeping with social distancing recommendations, we are strongly encouraging people to complete this survey online. The survey can be accessed by clicking the link below or copying the link into the web browser on your laptop, tablet, desktop, etc. Please be sure to click SUBMIT when you are finished answering the questions.
Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VTPTTGY
Please see the PDF below for an update on a grant that HHCDA will be applying for.
HHCDA currently has a garden coordinator position open. If you are interested, email Nikki Martin at Nikki.Martin@ho-chunk.com for an application. Applications should be turned in on or before August 5th. The job description is provided below.
For information regarding COVID-19 please visit the Ho-Chunk Nation Department of Health below.
Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated. Be safe and stay healthy.