HHCDA Covid-19 Update
First and foremost, here at HHCDA the safety and well-being of both our tenants and employees are of significant importance. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have updated a few of our guidelines, all of which are listed below.
To All HHCDA Tenants:
- The HHCDA office is open for appointments.
- We do ask that you not come to the office if you are not feeling well. We also ask that you please wear a mask when coming into our offices.
- If you need to contact a staff member please feel free to call or email
- All HHCDA community buildings available to be rented out for events, we do ask that you follow guidelines for public gatherings and practice social distancing.
- Maintenance will only be responding to emergency work orders
- The only employees to be dispatched are those that do not exhibit any cold or flu symptoms
- Staff will not enter a unit if any household members of that unit are ill (you will be asked this when you call)
- Maintenance contacts:
|Romona Manning||608-374-1245 ext. 8815 or 608-387-5153|
|Black River Falls – Dennis Boyle||608-343-1215|
|Tomah/Nekoosa/De Pere – Christian Bird||608-343-0515|
|Onalaska/West Salem – Christian Bird||608-343-0515|
|Wittenberg – Todd Zaddack||715-853-1746|
|Wisconsin Dells/Baraboo – John Emery||608-343-0714|
|Madison – Larry Alton||608-357-0026|
|Operations Director – Raven Rosin||608-343-0664|
Please be clear and honest that all household members are free of illness when calling in for emergency work orders
- HHCDA will not be applying late fees for April rent not yet received by HHCDA (this is in accordance with the HHCDA Board’s Resolution)
- If your hours have been reduced, you have been laid off, or any change in income, please provide Notice of reduction in hours, Layoff and/or your unemployment documentation if applicable, to HHCDA Tenant Services Department for recalculation of rent amount
- Tenant Services:
New CARES Program Applications
In response to those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, HHCDA has provided a few programs. If any of these programs corresponds with your current needs please review the policy, fill out the application, and provide all required documents:
The application above can either be emailed to HHCDAtenantservices@ho-chunk.com, mailed to P.O. Box 730 Tomah, WI 54660, or faxed to 608-374-1251
Program Coordinator Dawn Wessels can be reached at extension 8824. She can also be emailed at Dawn.email@example.com
Using HCN courier delivery for any of the applications above will also work.
Please be sure to keep checking this page for new program releases in regards to our response to COVID-19.
HHCDA has recently received a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development grant to to provide assistance during Covid-19 Crisis.
Due to the high demand for assistance, if you have received a CARES Act rental assistance or mortgage assistance grant from HHCDA, this past year you are not eligible for a grant at this time.
Elders that have received a utility grant from HHCDA this past year are eligible for this round of Elder Utility Assistance.
HHCDA has the following grant programs available.
Elder Utility Grants-$350
For information regarding COVID-19 please visit the Ho-Chunk Nation Department of Health below.
Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated. Be safe and stay healthy.